Thursday 22 November 2007

The Walrus



This is the actual walrus I was banging on about. It's on display at the Horniman Museum in Forest Hill, London. I' d heartily recommend a visit. The Natural History section is amazing, fill of Victorian stuffed animals. I made the original drawing for relax magazine in Japan in 2003, where I had a monthly drawing page. I was a bit stuck for inspiration that month, so I decided to go and do some observational drawing, something I hadn't done properly since leaving Art School. I went and sat in front of the thing and started drawing. I decided to add some potato-heads to the scene, which confused the schoolkids who were watching me draw.

There are a few of the A3 drawings I did for relax compiled in the Selected Drawings book.

www.horniman.ac.uk

No comments: