Monday 8 October 2007

Dulwich 10k Road Race



This Sunday I ran in my local road race, the Dulwich 10k, which I won last year. I came second in 33:38. I was a bit disappointed with the time as I had run 33:00 twice already this year. Stupidly, I ran the first two miles in 5:00 and 5:10 which was way too fast, and my last four miles were all over the place. It was hard work as I ran the whole race on my own and it's always easier when you've someone to share the pace with. The winning time was 32:08, so I was never going to win it! 

I'm determined to run a sub-33:00 10k before the end of the year. There's a 10k race in Brighton in early November but I have to go to Beijing for a week at the end of the month so I'm not sure how I'm going to maintain my schedule.

On the subject of running, many thanks to Acyde and Kerry from Nike for the package they sent. You can never have too many short shorts. I've been trying out the Free 7.0s which felt great when I first ran in them but don't seem to agree with me as much as the Free 3.0s, which are amazing.

No comments: