Monday 16 July 2007

Cosmic Metal Overlords

James doesn't like it when I post band images that have nothing to do with Amos. He didn't like the Comets on Fire post a few weeks back. And I can see his point. But seeing that he does not post enough material on these pages I'm going to post some more band images for my own amusement!

Last weekend was the Supersonic Festival in Birmingham, UK. This meant that many class acts visited the UK to perform at said festival. So athough I could not make the trip to Brum, I did get to see San Francisco's Om play in London on the Friday. They were excellent. Very very heavy. 4 long tracks of bass guitar, pedals and drums. Very loud!

I also got to see Finnish space cadets Pharaoh Overlord on Sunday playing a worthy benefit on behalf of Resonance FM. It was an amazing evening of metallic psyche grooves from the one of the pioneers of The New Wave of Finnish Heavy Metal (NWOFHM). I loved them so much that I'm posting a couple of artful photos taken by Will Bankhead on the night, and kindly forwarded to me earlier today.




Trés cosmic!

And nothing to do with toys but I don't care 'cause I'm bad!

No comments: